With the new year just around the corner...
Many people look for ways to look their best and get their skin glowing for the special night.
Having glowing skin can make you feel more confident and give you an extra boost of energy for the night.
And guess what? The Christmas holidays just happened, and you may have indulged in a few days or weeks of special treats, late-night periods of sleep, and some tasty drinks (all worth the good times). At this point, maybe you’ve noticed you’re not looking too hot and may want to look a little more polished before the next special occasion.
Fortunately, there are some quick and easy tricks that anyone can do to ensure their skin looks and feels its best.
So what’s the focus?
Prep the foundation of the skin with cleansing, exfoliation, and masking. Then layer with toner, serum, and moisturizer to create a great base of plumpness, hydration, and smoothness, especially if you plan to apply makeup. Those next few steps ensure your makeup goes smoothly, giving you a flawless complexion.
Check out these tips for a glowing complexion for your special night out.
Here are seven tips for preparing your skin before a New Year's Eve party:
1. Cleanse your skin: Use a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, oil, and makeup.
There are many reasons why cleansing your face is important, especially after the holidays. The holidays can be a time of indulgence and excess, which can lead to clogged pores, dull skin, and breakouts. Cleaning your face regularly can help remove dirt and oil that can build up over time, leaving your skin looking fresh and healthy.
Quick Pro Tip:
- Use a cream cleanser on dry, dehydrated, or sensitive skin.
- If you have oily skin, use a gel cleanser.
2. Exfoliate: Use a gentle exfoliator to remove dead skin cells and reveal brighter, smoother skin.
Exfoliating your face after the holidays is important for several reasons:
- helps to remove dead skin cells, which can accumulate during the holidays due to increased exposure to the sun and other environmental factors.
- helps to unclog pores, which can become clogged with dirt, oil, and makeup that can build up over time.
- reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, giving your skin a more youthful and vibrant look.
- improve the texture and tone of your skin, leaving it looking smooth and healthy.
Exfoliating your face regularly is an important part of any skincare routine and should be done after the holidays to keep your skin looking its best.
Quick Pro Tip:
- Sensitive Skin: Avoid to avoid irritation. Focus on calming and hydrating the skin.
- Normal, oily, mature, or dry skin: double exfoliate with a chemical exfoliant (AHAs or BHAs), wash off, then go in with a gentle mechanical exfoliation to get the best results.
3 Use Serums: Target your condition with this secret step! Don’t skip!!
Serums are lightweight, concentrated formulas that are designed to penetrate deep into the skin and deliver powerful ingredients to target specific skin concerns, unlike moisturizers.
Apply this before your face mask to boost your treatment and before your face cream.
What's the secret combo? Hyaluronic and Vitamin C (if your skin is sensitive, skip the vitamin C to avoid any irritation), this combo gives the skin an instant glow and plumpness.
Quick Pro Tip: How to Choose Your Serums
- Sensitive skin: a combination of hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and any soothing actives
- Mature, dry, dehydrated skin: hyaluronic acid, peptides, and vitamin C (this is a must; it will give your skin that instant glow!). For extra smoothness, include a second serum of an oil type after.
- Oily skin: hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, lavender
4. Use a face mask: For an extra boost of hydration
Face masks can help to hydrate the skin, reduce the appearance of pores, and give the skin a healthy glow. Face masks can help keep your skin looking healthy and glowing when used regularly.
Quick Pro Tip: How to Choose Your Masks
- Mask for oily skin: choose a gel mask
- Mask for sensitive, dry, mature skin: choose a hydrating gel or cream mask (this one is great if the skin is more on the dry/flakey side).
5. Moisturize: Use a lightweight moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and protected.
- Choose a gel/lightweight lotion for oily skin types
- Choose creams for dry, sensitive, dehydrated and mature skin types.
6: Apply a non-alcohol Toner
Toner helps to prep the skin for better absorption of other skincare products like serums and moisturizers. When used regularly, toner can help keep your skin healthy and glowing.
7. Get plenty of sleep. Make sure you get at least eight hours of sleep each night to keep your skin looking its best.
Getting enough sleep helps keep your skin hydrated, as it helps your body retain moisture better. So, if you want glowing skin, make sure you get a good night’s rest!
8. Drink lots of water. Staying hydrated is key to keeping your skin healthy and glowing!
Water helps keep your skin hydrated by helping your body retain moisture better. So, if you want glowing skin, make sure you stay hydrated!